Help build Compassionate Cymru in your area
Compassionate Cymru is about building communities in which everyday people play a stronger role in the care and support of people as they age and at the end of life. If you’re interested in making a compassionate community in your area, please get in touch with: email@example.com
Toolkits for building a Compassionate Cymru locally
There are a few suggested toolkits that you can use to develop local groups and to help network with other groups. Here are some that you might want to read through. Of course you can also mix and match elements that might suit your particular requirements. We can advise you on how to make the best use of these toolkits.
- Good Life, Good Death, Good Grief
- The Groundswell Project
- British Columbia Centre for Palliative Care: Compassionate Communities Toolkit
- Healthy End of Life Project (HELP)
- Startup Toolkit – Pallium Canada
- Researching Compassionate Communities in Australia
Find out about what’s happening locally
Projects are taking place across Wales, but we are at the beginning of building a movement that supports communities the length and breadth of the nation.
You can connect with the following projects to find out more:
- Cath Thompson, Compassionate Community Connector at St Paul’s Aberavon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberley Jones, Macmillan Development Officer, Caerau & Ely ACE Hub email@example.com
- Hazel Cryer, Health & Wellbeing Coordinator, Caerau & Ely ACE Hub firstname.lastname@example.org