Caring for a dying person
If someone you care about is dying, there are a number of sources of support you can access for help.
If you have urgent care needs, it’s important you speak with your local palliative care team or with your GP.
For general information related to palliative care and management of symptoms, Marie Curie has an excellent set of resources which may be useful.
If you need to speak to someone, there are a number of charities providing support through the week:
- Marie Curie: 0800 090 2309
- Macmillan Cancer Support: 0808 808 0000
- Cancer Research UK: 0808 800 4040
- British Lung Foundation: 03000 030 555
- Alzheimer’s Society: 03300 947 400
- Dementia UK: 0800 888 6678
- Parkinson’s UK: 0808 800 0303
- Carers UK: 0808 808 7777
You can also access some very useful information on the Hospice UK website which tells you what to expect when someone is dying and how to help care for them.